Mother Nature can be a tough customer. That's why emergency responders around the world need to be agile and coordinated when disaster strikes. Empowered by Solity, teams from multiple organisations can collaborate and coordinate in real time, anywhere, anytime on any device.
Solity in Natural Disasters
The Cost of Disaster
- 243 million dollars following a nationwide storm in 2013
- 135 million dollars following a North Island flood in 2015
- 40 billion dollars following the Christchurch earthquakes of 2010 and 2011
What Solity does
Solity Platform is an integrated, full mobile, cloud solution for management of an entity's entire incident response and SOPs management cycle.
- Defining Incident
- Breakdown tasks and action plans.
- Develop roles and responsibilities matrix.
- Comprehensively document and organise procedures.
- Identify and monitor disaster response trigger conditions.
- Incident Response Management
- Digitise creation of tasks and actions plans.
- Monitor disaster response progress.
- Communicate to applicable managers and response personnel.
- Coordinate resources and collaborate in real time.
- Reporting and monitoring
- Automatically consolidate information from across the disaster response.
- Generate dashboards, update reports and monitor crises in real time.
- Export PDF reports with time stamps for forensics and after action review.
- Digitised, mobile plans mean that wherever a disaster strikes, every member of an organisation knows what they need to be doing and when they need to be doing it. This ensures an efficient, accurate response, even when conventional systems fail.
- Real time reporting means managers can monitor disaster response progress and distribute updates to plans immediately. This ensures an organisation is prepared to respond flexibly to changing disaster response demands.
- Time stamped action logs ensure clear, cost effective auditability and accountability across the organisation. In the aftermath of a response an organisation will be able to fully assess the efficacy of their plans and answer any questions government, stakeholders or customers have.
- Comprehensive platform for collaboration during a response to a Natural Disaster
- Used by large private and public enterprises
- A range of deployment options; SaaS, hosted and on-premise
- Recognised by agency planners and standard operating procedures (SOP) developers and personnel who have responsibilities in a coordination centre
- A flexible technology which can be tailored to the teams managing incident response, such as SOP owners, chief executives and managers
- Accessible in real-time, anywhere, anytime on any device
- A network of partners providing professional and managed services, consulting, content and technology